Chemistry department halls and laboratories
Vision, mission and goals of the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
Achieving a prominent position among the laboratories of the Department of Chemistry so that it becomes one of the leading laboratories in the field of scientific education.
The mission of the laboratory includes preparing the student who is scientifically and practically able in the field of inorganic chemistry and striving to provide sober and advanced scientific research.
1- Spreading knowledge in the field of inorganic chemistry laboratory and working to apply it to serve the community.
2- Holding scientific activities (seminars, courses, seminars, and workshops) with the participation of faculty members and in the presence of students in order to spread scientific awareness among the cadres of the inorganic chemistry laboratory.
3- Conducting academic and applied scientific research in order to keep pace with scientific development in inorganic chemistry
4- Preparing the necessary human cadres from graduates who work in several scientific fields in universities, ministries and companies.
5- Exchanging scientific expertise and competencies with the laboratories of similar departments inside and outside the country.
Vision, mission, and goals of the Physical Chemistry Laboratory
Qualifying distinguished graduates in the field of chemistry who are scientifically and practically able to meet the diverse needs and prepare researchers capable of developing scientific research.
Achieving a prominent position among the laboratories of the chemistry departments in various faculties, which is due to making the department one of the
Leading departments in the field of education.
1. Spreading knowledge in the field of chemistry and working to apply it to serve the community.
2. Providing students with values and ideals and preparing generations of high energy.
3. Supporting students to conduct research and studies by conducting a set of experiments that aim to teach students the basics of physical chemistry.
4. Training students on safety conditions and how to deal with chemicals of all kinds inside
5. Instructing students on how to maintain laboratory equipment and chemicals.
6. Vision, mission and objectives of the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
9. Using analytical techniques in good teaching laboratory practices and building students’ scientific capabilities
10. The message:
11. To develop students’ abilities in the laboratory and achieve the skills and knowledge they have in the practical training track
13. 1- Achieving the quality, sobriety and skills of students in the educational process
14. 2- Raising students' abilities to use analytical techniques
15. 3- Developing the vocabulary of the scientific curricula to serve the scientific reality of students
The vision and mission of the Organic Chemistry Laboratory:
Preparing and preparing distinguished students in the field of chemistry, possessing professional ethics, and developing students in the fields of scientific and knowledge research, as well as serving the community and expanding the horizons of scientific cooperation with relevant institutions in order to achieve continuous and high-quality interaction and interaction, and encourage students to provide the best scientific levels
Objectives: The laboratory aims in the first stage to teach students how to use glassware in the laboratory, such as the conical flask, circular flask, beaker, dropper, condenser, etc., to diagnose solid and liquid compounds, and to know the purity of compounds and the factors affecting them by measuring the degree of melting and boiling, and purification of solid organic compounds by recrystallization. Sublimation also purifies and separates liquid organic compounds through the distillation process, in addition to using extraction technology to separate materials from their natural sources and separate materials from the solutions in which they are present. The laboratory aims at
The second and third stage is to give a general idea of organic materials and how to deal with them, teach students how to work chemical reactions, prepare organic compounds, and understand the steps of a chemical reaction. As for the fourth stage, the laboratory aims to determine the structural formulas of the organic compounds and to identify the organic compounds through the organic diagnosis of the compounds.